Friday, January 15, 2016

DIY Valentine's Day Decorating

I can't believe it is almost time for Valentine's day in less than a month.

I am so excited to show you our new cupid design!  My amazingly talented sister drew this cupid outline for me.  It turned out even better then I imagined.  I love him so much I think he needs a name don't you?  Maybe Cupi the Cupid?!  I like that name, it has a nice ring to it!


If you would like to purchase your own cupid to decorate you can do so here

To finish my cupid I spray painted him and after the spray paint was good and dry I painted the top with Mod Podge and dumped glitter over the glue while it was still wet.  To help the glitter stay in place better I sealed it with 2 top coats of a water based polyurethane.  
The back drop for my cupid is reclaimed wood I cut up and glued to the frame.


This beautiful Be Mine and love are also available for purchase
 This is how the cutouts will look when you receive them.  They are then ready to be painted and decorated.  






TTFN

Brooke


You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...