Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It has been 4 Years!!!

Today marks 4 years since we closed on our house!  I can't believe how much we have done, and I still can't believe how much we have to do.  When we first walked through this house I remember saying oh we will just rip this out and change this or that.  I under estimated how much time JUST doing something would really take.  Not to mention we had a 3 month old when we moved in and have since had another baby.

The outside was a mess we defiantly under estimated how big of a mess.  I had no idea what was really under all of these plants or the damage many of them caused to the house.  Not to mention there was not an inch of grass anywhere to be found.

And here it is now!  I love having grass and yes I love flowers!  


My entry way before


"An entryway is an introduction.
Like the opening pages of a book, it leads us in and welcomes us to the world inside."
~Rose Tarlow~

Come on in and enjoy your stay!!




My favorite renovation and the reason I agreed to buy this house was because of the size of this kitchen, I love all of the counter space!


With a little help this kitchen is now just how I want it!  We added a backsplash and replaced the countertops with granite.  I added knobs to all the cabinet doors, painted and replaced the corner cabinet with open shelves!  


I am still so happy we bought this house.  I love the location, I love my neighbors and I love that it fits all of the needs of our family within our budget.  Remodeling this house has defiantly taken time and as I said we are not even done yet.  Our stairs are in need of a lot of help, the shower in the master bathroom is still broken....which means it has been broken for 4 years now and we are currently working on the front door. This house has pushed me out of my comfort zone, I would have never started refinishing furniture or decorating.  It has taught me to work hard, to be more patient and frugal.  But my favorite thing about this house is the pride of ownership.  I am so proud of what we have done and accomplished, I love to say I figured it out and I did it.  And in the process we made memories, lots and lots of memories!  


You can see all of my house renovation here

Brooke

You can follow me here:









6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your home anniversary. I love everything you have done to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, your home is just beautiful. You know, I am, for the first time ever, taking apart a vintage old corner cupboard and stripping the many layers of paint. There are grooves at the front all caked in paint. I've had to apply paint stripper several times. The paint is coming off. I can see it finished. But I don't think I will do this again. So I can totally appreciate all of the hard work you have done and have yet to do. And that sense of pride in your work and having to push through when you didn't think you could anymore. A great example for your children. I'm looking forward to your future changes. By the way, I scrolled through your last few posts and your furniture makeovers are gorgeous as well. You are very talented. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the work you've done. Your house is gorgeous! I really love that you added a front lawn back in....makes such a huge difference in curb appeal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful!!! You have put so much work into it! Well Done! You do beautiful work! Please come and share! I would love it if you would join in on my Making Broken Beautiful party! It starts 6:00pm (MST) this Thursday September 10 and I would love to have you join up each week!
    Smiles for a great week!
    Terry
    (http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful transformations, wow you are one talented lady!! Want to come transform mine? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...