Thursday, June 18, 2015

Custom Order Cedar Chest

So, I have to say this goal of mine, to blog everyday has been quite the tall order!  It takes so much more planning and time than I thought.  I knew it would be time consuming...I just never realized how time consuming!  However I have loved to plan everything out and keep myself on a schedule.  I am quite the schedule/structure person and it drives me crazy when my kids don't allow me to stay on my schedule, which happens everyday.  But everyday is a new day and I am learning to be more accommodating and patient.  Funny how kids do that to you huh?  I just have to say over and over in my head, keep your priorities in check.  Right now my kids are my number 1.  So....anyway.....

Here is this beautiful cedar chest a client brought me a few weeks ago.  Originally they tried to strip and sand it down to the wood, but they sanded through the veneer...oops.  I hate it when that happens.  ...but it is nothing a little bit of paint can't fix!


TADA....paint fixed everything!  


I don't paint everything I get my hands on.  There are some pieces I believe should be left alone.  But in this situation paint was an excellent solution and it made the moldings stand out so beautifully!












My dresser turned bench has been entered into a Competition on Bob Vila .....
I NEED YOUR VOTE!!

You can vote HERE it will only take a few seconds!!
Thank you


You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png







TTFN

Brooke







2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...