Friday, May 15, 2015

Ombre French Lingerie Chest

Ever since we put the girls in the same room, about a year ago, I have been looking for a lingerie chest.  They can be hard to come by, so when I found this at a garage sale for $10....YES $10 I didn't even think twice!  

It had been previously painted.....after about 4 hours of sanding....which I might add was worth it...



We finally found the wood!  I don't always stripe all the paint off, but the previous paint was scratching and flaking off, which would cause the new coat of paint to do the same.    
Once the paint was off I was stumped as to what to do with this piece.  
My girls room has fun bright colors (you can see that here) I wanted this chest to fit in with out being too wild.....


Ombre it is!  
I have been ewing and awing over umber furniture for sometime, but never found the right piece, until now!  The 6 drawers make this piece the perfect candidate!







Instead of buying quarts of paint I bought 6 sample pints from Clark and Kensington.  
They run about $5 a pint.
The paint colors for the drawers, starting at the bottom, are as follows
Country Breeze
Lemon Grass
Goldendale
My Pleasure
Huntley Country
Medina

I used Benjamin Moore's White Dove for the dresser.




I loved the original hardware to update them I used Rustoleum's Metallic White in gloss.


I used a dark brown glaze to bring the details on this dresser out.  Details like this need to be accented!







TTFN

Brooke

Follow Me Here:

 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png




17 comments:

  1. Totally beautiful, but it's called "ombre." It's french - maybe your spell check corrected it? Anyhow it might be worth correcting so that anyone searching for gorgeous painting will find it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation...I love the shades from light to dark idea that you created. It is gorgeous!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it Brooke! Such a bright and sunny colors, perfect for spring and summer!! Great job!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for the perfect piece to do an ombre finish as well. You scored the perfect piece - love it Brooke!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply magnificent! Pinning to the Trash 2 Treasure Highlights board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your semanier! I certainly wish I could find one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello beautiful! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7pm because we love to party with you! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece! What a neat idea! I'd like to do it in pink :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, saw your stunning feature on Trash to Treasure and had to stop over. It is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so beautiful! i love love love it. totally fantastic job and the perfect piece for this style of painting. you nailed it. pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brooke! This piece is stunning!!! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/05/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_31.html Hope to see you tomorrow for Make it Pretty Monday! Have a beautiful Sunday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi This Ombre Dresser is so beautiful, I just love it. Thank you so much for linking up to our Something To Talk About Link Party and I'll be featuring this tomorrow and sharing on Social Media too. I hope you can join us again, have a great week, Lisa at Concord Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh pretty! This was the perfect piece for the ombre look and the yellow is so bright and fresh. Featured you at Be Inspired this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Brooke! I wanted to let you know that I have a new series that is a compilation of all of the weekly features of all of the parties at The Dedicated House. You of course, were one of those features. Here is the link to the Weekly Feature Series. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/features-from-week.html Pop on over and check out all of the features. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, beautiful piece! I'm actually looking to build a lingerie chest and this one looks fantastic. What are the dimensions of the chest and the drawers, etc, I'm curious. The size looks perfect and I would love to make one with similar dimensions. It looks amazing, you totally pulled off the ombre perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, beautiful piece! I'm actually looking to build a lingerie chest and this one looks fantastic. What are the dimensions of the chest and the drawers, etc, I'm curious. The size looks perfect and I would love to make one with similar dimensions. It looks amazing, you totally pulled off the ombre perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! I happened upon this blog from pinterest, and I gotta say this piece looks amazing! Do you know the dimensions of the chest, drawers etc? I'm looking to build on and this looks like the perfect size. Also, the ombre was pulled off spectacularly. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...