Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Tables Debut....

I am so excited to show off this table.  After all it has been 2 years in the making.  Once I got this table home and assessed it I realized it was in pretty bad shape, worse than I thought.  The trim on the table top was falling off, there were very deep scratches on the top.  

But I just loved the caster wheels and the oval shape it apparently blinded me to any other detail.

The original plan was to give it a good sanding and paint the whole thing until....I realized the table top was Tiger Oak.  I was lucky enough to sand most of the scratches out without going through the veneer, there are a few scratches left...but they are worth it.  

Are you ready to see there after??


Here she is all dolled up!  I am in Love with this table, she was well worth the wait.  


Once I decided to keep this table the hunt for chairs began.  I was hoping to have 6 chairs, as this table is 6 1/2 feet long, but I couldn't pass these chairs up, I loved the french style. 

These chairs originally had upholstered seats filled with horse hair....EEK!!  Since upholstery and children don't always mix too well, we made a wood top for them (tutorial to come)


And if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you may notice my new, free chandelier is hung!  (more to come on this beauty as well)





See that beautiful grain?  Isn't it just wonderful, oh I LOVE it!



The top of the table is stained with Miniwaxes Dark Walnut and sealed with a Spar Urathane.  I like to use spar urethanes when I can as they are a little more durable, however they do yellow so use caution.

The bottom of the table is painted in a custom color latex and I used a brown oil based glaze to add some depth.




I am so glad these caster wheels sold me on this table!


TTFN

Brooke

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram


Linking here

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday
Anything Blue
Miss Mustard Seed
Redoux Interiors




16 comments:

  1. The table turned out beautiful! It's perfect in your lovely home. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is soooo beautiful Brooke! I love the chairs too! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke the table is stunning! So worth the TLC you gave it. Love a good rescue and seeing something get a brand new life. Your kitchen is beautiful!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, new to your site and I have to tell you that your table came out really really nice. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table and the way you have it accessorized is gorgeous.
    Enjoy her............and love your blue counter stools. the look
    so great in there with all that white, one of my fav colors of
    blue, by the way!! lol

    Happy New year hon,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table! ~love~ the distressing on the legs. Those turquoise chairs at the breakfast bar ROCK! You have such a lovely kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous table! Your home looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The distressing is perfect and the tabletop is wonderful. I know now what to do with a table I bought off Craigslist last month. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is stunning. The distressing and the grain in the top are eye catching. I love your kitchen, too. Visiting from Wow Us Wednesday. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Love Love your kitchen and dining area, love the floors too. Can you share where you got them and what type of wood are they and name. Thanks and have a wonderful day! SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dining room table and chairs are wonderful, and you did a really terrific job refinishing them. Very inspiring. Oh, and I'm daydreaming about what it must be like to have so much countertop in one's kitchen. Luckeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful, Brooke! You did a fantastic job, the top really is pretty. Very pretty tablesetting also!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous table for a fabulous kitchen!! I'd be tickled if you shared your makeovers over on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday Link party which opens each Monday night on Kammy's Korner. :) http://www.kammyskorner.com/2015/01/trash-2-treasure-tuesday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table turned out fabulous and I have to say I am in love with your floors! Found you over at Kim's SSS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is really beautiful! I love stained tops and painted bases. Thanks for sharing this at What We Accomplished Wednesdays! Have a super week!
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  16. The table is gorgeous and so is your whole room! As said above, the floor is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...