Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Beautiful Hutch Makeover!


I am sure you have seen many of these hutches before, and your response maybe similar to mine....YUCK! After all they are a bit dated and dark. Well I have good news it is nothing a little paint can't fix.

This hutch was a custom refinish, and I have to admit my client picked great colors.  


I love the cream she chose, I don't have a name for this paint as I took one of my cabinet doors in to the paint store and had them match it.  



The wood top compliments the cream perfectly.  I used Miniwaxes Early American Stain, what a rich color this stain is on pine!



I spray painted the original hardware oil rubbed bronze for a new fresh look.  



I couldn't be happier with how this hutch came together, it will be beautiful in it's new home!

ttfn

Brooke

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Linking here
Miss Mustard Seed
French Country Cottage

6 comments:

  1. That must have been so much work!! But it is completely transformed into an amazing beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. The cabinet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sandpaper grit and type of paint did you use? I have a bed frame that needs to be refinished and need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great, the before that brown was horrid and the cream really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never envisioned this transformation. It is beautiful now. You did a really great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this is my hutch. Ethan Allen circa 1972. I still have it and now I know what to do. It's darling painted.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...