Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday's Tip: Eliminating Brush Stokes with Dry Brushing


I get asked all the time how to get rid of brush strokes.  There are a few different ways to help eliminate brush strokes



For today's tip I will show you have to dry brush.  Dry brushing is a great way to eliminate brush strokes without any added cost.  It is lots of fun too, it is one of my favorite ways to paint with a brush.



Here is how I dried brushed,

My first coat was white primer.  I did a very light coat with the grain of the wood.


I then took my top coat of latex paint and with a tiny bit of paint on the brush, and I mean tiny, I brushed with the grain, while the paint was still workable I went back over it against the grain to cover up my brush marks.  As you can see it gets rid of any harsh lines but still allows the white to show through.


When I first attempted dry brushing I was worried it was going to be very time consuming but I found it to be the opposite.  Since you are applying such a small amount of paint you have less runs!!



Don't forget to check back tomorrow at 8PM MST....I will be announcing a fun giveaway!

TTFN
Brooke

6 comments:

  1. That table and chairs look great--thanks for the tips! Always interesting to hear how people make things beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is beautiful. guess you put on a heavy coat of primer if you are covering oak or wood. I have some chairs I have been wanting to paint white, but they are victorian style in oak................Yours came out fabulously..........looks so pretty, thanks for the tutorial.
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this idea and that is such a beautiful table and chairs. Gorgeous and fabulous tutorial. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke
    I love your table-I have the same one!!
    But I don't have those gorgeous chairs.
    Your set is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so good to know...thanks for sharing! This would be great to link to Create It Thursday #23…it's live now! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great tip! Your table looks beautiful! I popped over from The DIY Dreamer-- thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...