Monday, October 15, 2012

Refinished Queen Headboard

A few weeks ago my daughter and I found this beautiful bed at a garage sale!  So of course I forgot to take before pics, so I will describe it.  The frame was all wood, and the upholstery was pleather.  It wasn't in bad shape is just needed some personality! 


I love how the details pop when they are a different color.  The bed frame is painted in a gray/blue with white underneath so when I sanded the Gray/Blue the white showed through.  The designs are painted in White Dove by Benjamin Moore.  I don't have a name for the gray, it was a mistake paint at Ace!
To paint this bed I used the dry brushing technique (tutorial here)


I re upholstered this bed and I love how it gives the bed the perfect Vintage feel!




This bed is for sale if you are interested please check my "Furniture for Sale" tab at the top of the page.

TTFN

Brooke

5 comments:

  1. SWOON! you are on fire, brooke, with all the amazing makeovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!! What an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love it! Great job making this headboard beautiful! It's perfect for a girl room. Thanks, Angela @ http://mrswhitetwigandtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this still available? You can contact me through my Etsy shop erasistible.etsy.com Thanks!

    Madelyn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...