Monday, July 23, 2012

Straight Painted Lines!!

How to get straight paint lines!!!

 Once you decide how big you want your strips, mine are 6 inches wide.  Get your tape measure, pencil, blue tape and level.

Measure over 6 inches with your tape measure and make a mark, then place your level right on your mark and move your level until your vertical line is straight.

Next run your blue tape right along the edge of your level.  This step can be tricky, I rested my level on my base to help steady it!



Once all of your tape is up run your finger along all the edges to insure the tape is good and stuck.  Now you want to paint the edges of your tape, where the other color will be, with the same color that is under the tape (below)  This helps to seal the tape, so if the paint does bleed it is the SAME color!!  Allow paint to fully dry!




Now paint your strips.  

As you can see I have a cute little helper.  She did great at staying between the lines.  She really is a mini me.  

 I applied 2 coats and removed the tape while the last coat was still wet.


And what do you get....STRAIGHT LINES!!!!!!!!!!  I am not going to lie, I was a little   scared to take the tape off.  But the results are awesome!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...